Tips and Advice
Each swimming pool, hot tub or spa can differ greatly in terms of chemical requirements, which will be determined by a variety of factors. These could be the material the swimming pool, hot tub or spa is made from, how frequently it is used, its location and surrounding environment, the origin of the water used to fill it, plus many other contributors.
We strongly recommend that you do your own research into how to look after a swimming pool, hot tub or spa and develop a maintenance programme that suits your particular setting, and always check with the manufacturer or supplier for advice.
This section provides the basic information you will need for successfully looking after your swimming pool, hot tub or spa, and a selection of helpful tips and advice on product recommendations and overcoming common issues.
Click here for Pool Chemical Products’ hints and tips for managing your swimming pool, hot tub or spa water.
For advice on overcoming common swimming pool, hot tub and spa water problems, click onto our Advice page.
You can also download our Advice on Overcoming Common Problems with Swimming Pool, Hot Tub or Spa Water pdf as a quick reference guide here.
Additional useful information can be found at the below websites:
- The British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA) – www.bishta.co.uk
- The British Swimming Pool Federation (BSPF) – www.bspf.org.uk
- Environment Agency – www.environment-agency.gov.uk
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – www.hse.gov.uk
- Health Protection Agency (HPA) – www.hpa.org.uk
- PayPal - www.paypal.com
- Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group – www.pwtag.org
- The MET Office – www.metoffice.gov.uk
- The Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association – www.spata.co.uk
- WorldPay – www.worldpay.com
Pool Chemical Products is not responsible for the content of any of the above external websites.
Pool Chemical Products’ Tips and Advice pages address the basic requirements for a sparkling swimming pool, hot tub or spa and how to resolve general problems. All tips and advice provided are recommendations; please also seek guidance from your supplier or manufacturer and take heed of Health and Safety precautions. Pool Chemical Products takes no responsibility for damage or accidents.